Most of our news comes from railway RSS feeds - if your railway has a feed, please let us know.
The RhE Real Ale Festival – Cwrw ar y Cledrau / Railale will this year take place over the weekend 20th to 22nd May.
This year’s Festival, which will be the seventh of this now highly successful happening in the Railway’s calendar of events, will comprise the usual eclectic mix of a fine selection of real ales and ciders, combined with a variety of music, fine food and of course steam hauled trains.
As has been our usual practice now we will be once again increasing the selection of beers available; last year there were a staggering 55 to choose from at the festival’s main site at Dinas. As well as a wide range of new beers to choose from there will of course be the old favourites such as ‘Dark Ruby’ and a fine selection from Porthmadog’s Purple Moose brewery, which will be brewing the ‘Festival Ale’. There will of course be a further choice of beers at the other venues that participate in the festival, the principle ones confirmed so far are:
• The ‘Snowdonia Parc Brewpub’ at Waunfawr; the pub with its own acclaimed microbrewery alongside the railway’s station at Waunfawr, where there is also a fine selection of food available. The pub also has its own caravan and campsite alongside the railway.
• The ‘Black Boy Inn’, Caernarfon will have a choice of beers on offer as well as providing a tempting menu of locally sourced food and also accommodation.
• The ‘T’yn Llan’, Llandwrog.
• The ‘Newborough Arms’, Bontnewydd.
The entertainment so far confirmed is:
• Friday afternoon – Neil Wilde.
• Friday evening – ‘Gwibdaith Hen Frân’ a popular local band of young musicians.
• Saturday afternoon – ‘The Rough Shunters’.
• Saturday evening – ‘Y Moniars’ who will play their usual mix of rock and pop.
There will of course be the mix of special festival trains, including shuttles intermixed with the usual timetabled trains. The timetable is available on our Rail Ale Microsite. This year for the first time there will be an opportunity for those from south of Beddgelert to travel on the train to participate in the festival.
Friday 20th: 11.00am – midnight
Saturday 21st: 11.00am – midnight
Sunday 22nd: 11.00am – 4.00pm
For more information see the dedicated microsite – “www.festrail.co.uk/railale”: http://www.festrail.co.uk/railale
Posted by Stephen Jupp on 11 May 2011
Publicity in John Lewis Partnership magazine – 8 May 2011
Easter Bunny visits the Talyllyn – 3 May 2011
Tidy The Railway 2011 – 3 May 2011
Work on Nant Gwernol Footbridge – 3 May 2011
Thank you very much – 15 May 2011
Paxman – 9 May 2011
Apedale Apprentices – 4 May 2011
Hudswell Update – 23 May 2011
Today's News – 26 May 2011
April 2011 Work Weekend – 3 May 2011