The 2 foot gauge Yaxham Light Railway is a small private railway, adjacent to Yaxham Station, on the standard gauge Mid-Norfolk Railway. The narrow gauge line can be traced back to 1967, when D.C.Potter laid a section of track for his Hunslet 0-4-0ST 'Cackler' On 8-4-1996, 'Elin' 0-4-0ST (Hunslet 705/1899) was in action giving rides to the public during the layover at Yaxham, the line limit for the Mid-Norfolk Railway at that time. 'Elin' was originally delivered to the 1'10 1/4" gauge Penrhyn Quarry, being the last of a batch of 4 'Quary' class engines. Withdrawn in 1954, it was purchased by the Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway in 1962, and re-gauged to 2' before transferring to Yaxham in 1986.
|Lens||Canon 35-70mm F2.8-3.5|